Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Doing Something About It

You might remember the kitchen in The Serpico House....


It's functional, yes... mostly... but that orange counter-top... what the hell? And the drop ceiling... and the carpet... and the mini-stove. I just don't know what the hell they were thinking. I really don't. At least the cabinets are basically... well... OK, they're not great, but I think new hardware would probably make them a lot better.

But we really want to do something about it.

So we figured we'd just have to replace the counters in order to get something nicer. Or do we?

Check this out: RustOleum Counter-top Paint.

I just saw an ad for this stuff on TV last night, and I went to the RustOleum site to check it out. I dunno... it looks promising. According to the info available, all we'd have to do is paint this stuff onto our counter, and... new counter-top.

This dude
got a good result, I think... His accent is kind of amusing, and I don't particularly care for the color/finish he chose, but you can't really argue with the positive impact he got from the product.

I'm considering it...

No comments:

Post a Comment